Confused? then let me explain. We’re currently in the future that as a child I looked forward to but it’s slightly more disappointing than I expected it to be, for instance the following things are missing:
- Flying Cars – car’s don’t really seem to have changed at all…
- Space Bases/Travel/Stuff – 50% of the stuff we send into space explodes :(
- Robots – OK we have a few things that can [vacuum your carpet], but nothing more really…
Nothing particularly outrageous, but still they’re all wrong :(
So here are my predictions for 2010 (the new future). They’re split into two categories:
- Concrete predictions – Stuff that totally will happen!
- Fluffy predictions – fluffy ideas that I can argue I got right – possibly contains humour
Fasten your seatbelts…
- 1 Terabyte iPod – that’s a lot of songs kids
- Nuclear Fusion – putting stuff together can create at least as much energy as breaking it apart!
- Electric Cars – like the [Tesla] but I think that they’re going to become more common as better batteries are invented
- iPod connections on everything – most probably your microwave
- A generation of Adults with massive forearms from playing Wii too much in their childhood
- Linux kicking ass on the desktop – yeah yeah laugh it up, one day it will come true…
- Companies becoming more open – more open development, methods, what they’re thinking, what they’re planning etc
- Maybe a laboratory under the sea….maybe in another 10 or so years… :)
Come on then, what are your predictions for 2010?