I made some more resolutions this year. I made some just year too, but they turned out hard to keep :-\
Annoyingly I deleted this list when making the new one, but I’m sure these things were on it.
- Run to moors valley along the castleman trail (half marathon)
- Pier to pier swim
- Sandbanks Tri
- Swim 52km
- Run 1010 km
- Cycle 2020km \o/
- One “handstand push-up”
- Don’t use a plane \o/
- Go to the beach once a month \o/
- Buy an eBike \o/
Not great in the end, though most of the failure can be blamed on lockdowns, homeschooling and general pandemic issues :-(
- Get back to weighing 75kg
- Run to Moors valley
- Don’t use a plane unless I absolutely have to
- Go to the beach at least once a month (at least in months where it is allowed)
- Swim in the sea!
- Record a guitar cover every week
- Write 52 blog entries
- Cycle 2021 km or miles in zwift
- Cycle 2021 km or miles in the real
- Lift at least 2021kg in total each week
- Run for at least 202.1km in total
- Swim for at least 20.21 km in total
- Meditate at least once a week
Yup just like SERCO test and trace I’ll be using a spreadsheet to keep track of how I’m doing, and you can see it too!
I’m not dead set on some of these. Cycling for distance is a bit of a crap metric, and anything that requires weekly attention can easily slip, so I might allow a kind of “once a week or 52 in total” method.
At least I’ve managed the first blog one and I’m working on my guitar cover.
Hopefully I don’t regret choosing these and can actually achieve some this year!